So if you don't want to be stranded in the cold or stranded period, take a look at how these few handy emergency items (in no particular order of importance) can be a major help!
- FULLY CHARGED PHONE- I know it's not all the time that we leave out with our cell phones fully charged but it's really best to try and practice this. Yes, you may have a phone charger but, if your car breaks down, battery dies etc. you wont be able to charge your phone. So, making sure you have a full charge prior to getting on the road will help- You just never know!
- PHONE CHARGER'S- Notice I said chargers with an "s". I think it's best to carry a car charger as well as a regular charger for the house. Now, I'm sure you're thinking "why carry both" right? Well, I say that because... let's just say it's one of those rushed mornings where you forgot to charge your phone the night before and by it being a rushed morning, you don't have time to wait for your phone to charge. Well, if anything GOD forbid happens i.e breaking down, again you wont be able to use your car charger BUT if you have your home charger as well, maybe there's a local store close by you can walk to and charge your phone to make your emergency call. I'm sure the store associates would understand you needing to charge your phone to make the necessary calls.
- FLARES- Flares are VERY IMPORTANT to have for safety reasons. We've all heard far too many times that unfortunate story of a person getting hit by a vehicle trying to change a tire. Flares can be helpful because if it's dark out at times it can be hard to see a car/person on the side of the road if the hazard lights aren't on, so having flares are more than helpful. #1 it helps the next driver to see the vehicle and #2 it alerts that they are in need of some sort of help!
- FLASHLIGHT & EXTRA BATTERIES- Carry a flashlight with extra batteries just in case you're stranded at night and need to find something in your trunk, or if it's dark out and your trying to add fluids to your car etc.
- WATER- Water is essential PERIOD!!! But, in this case we're speaking about water for those "I.C.E." (In Case of Emergency) times. If you're ever stranded you wanna always have water to keep hydrated- pretty simple!
- SPARE TIRE/DONUT- Having a spare tire or donut is essential for emergencies of course!!! Nobody wants to be stranded no matter the weather and having a spare is a quick temporary fix.
- BLANKET- Having a nice, thick warm blanket in your trunk "I.C.E." is winning!! Again, if ever stranded or your heat core goes out, baaaaeeebyyyy that blanket will be your best friend!!
I'm sure there are items I may have left out or may not even know about so, if you know of any winter car "I.C.E." items leave a comment and let me know!!
As always...Thanks for checking out my blog: TwithTally!