Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Easy Semi-Homemade Chicken Pot Pie...


The weather here in D.C has been mighty cold and I mean COOOOLD!!!!! I'm talking low 20's for the high and single digits for the low.....buuuurrrr!! You know that type of weather that has you feeling like once you're in the house you wont be going back out NO-MATTER-WHAT?! You know that type of cold weather that has you just wanting to Netflix and chill with your boo orrrr call up a boo just for the weather...yeah...that part- lol?! Y'all know I'm telling straight FACTS!

Anyway, we know cold weather calls for comfort food and that is exactly what I made! If you like chicken pot pie but don't wanna buy that sodium driven, frozen store bought pot pie, take a look below at this easy, semi-homemade chicken pot pie. 

Buuuut before you do.... gotta add this small *disclaimer... I apologize in advance for a few steps and pics not being included as they should have as I decided last minute to post this recipe*

Okay... carry on!

Ingredients Used:
-Small bag of mixed veggies
-Seasonings of your choice
-2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
-Ready made store bought pie crust (not pictured b/c I was tripping)

Cleaned Chicken
-I used 3 chicken thighs which I deboned and cut up
(3-4 pcs of chicken is the perfect amount for 2 pot pies)

Chicken cleaned, skin removed and cut up

Now add in your seasonings of your choice
-Here I'm using Garlic Powder

-Here I'm adding in Italian seasoning

-Last seasoning I'm adding is some sodium free Chicken boullion

-All seasoned and ready to cook



-All done and ready to get to the mixing

-Add in your small frozen bag of veggies
-Next, add in your 2 cans of Cream of Chicken
soup and mix well (not pictured- told y'all I was tripping) lol

Time to grab your ready made pie crust that
I forgot to include above with needed ingredients (silly me- forgive me)
(ain't no slaving today making crust- NOPE) LOL

(This step is not a must but helps)
-Spread a little flour on surface (if you have it) if not no biggie,
just helps preventing your dough from sticking to the surface
-Take the bowl you're using to bake the pot pie
then trace and cut out dough.
(Don't do like me and cut just enough (bummer).
-Be sure to leave about 3-4 inches of dough so that
you'll have enough to bring up the sides of the bowl some

-Take the piece of dough and line your bowl
(As you see I didn't cut enough to bring up the sides but
none the less, still came out GREAT)

Once again- please forgive me...
I left this step and pic out above as mentioned
but add your filling (chicken, veggies and soup) to bowl

Once your filling has been added to the inside,
-Top with the remaining piece of ready made pie crust
(No cutting necessary for the top layer)
-Just lay rolled out crust over your filling and use fork to
remove access crust once you have enough to ensure pie crust
is overlapping so that no filling oozes out.
-Once you've removed the access crust, take teeth of fork
and make pie crust indention to seal for no oozing and for that finished pie look!

Here's the finished product! Figured I'd zoom in on the 
edges where I didn't follow my own instructions of
overlapping for no oozing! lol
So, be sure you follow the directions not the pictures lol



Hope you guys enjoyed this easy, semi-homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe as much as hubby and I did!

If you try it or have another rendition of easy pot pies, don't be shy...drop a comment and let a sista know :)


As always... Thanks for checking out my blog: TwithTally!


1 comment:

  1. This specific review rocks ! concerning cleaning organizations. An abundance of thanks relating Bond cleaning Redfern | Cleaning Services Sydney. which might be of very useful for all End of lease cleaning Redfern. to these sorts of escaping review. I figure this article will completely supplement you. It would be ideal if you keep distributing accommodating subjects this way. Take joy in that the review is exceptionally useful.

    ReplyDelete